Deadline: 10 June 2019
The objective of this Call for Proposals is to implement the sustainable alternative livelihood opportunities for local communities to reduce the pressure on lagoon resources so as to demonstrate the benefits of MPA’s in the Republic of Mauritius. This project aims to present a renewed commitment to working with local community leaders, women and unemployed men potentially affected by the operationalisation of MPA’s, unemployed women in coastal VCA’s in collaboration with Women’s Centres, National Women’s Council and National Women’s Entrepreneur Council, Social Welfare Centre and Community Welfare Centres, to enhance social service delivery, provide sustainable economic opportunities for young men and women and subsequently provide alternative livelihood to them.
The overall objective of the project is to mainstream the conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity and ecosystem services into coastal zone management and into the operations and policies of the tourism and physical development sectors in the Republic of Mauritius through a ‘land- and seascape wide’ integrated management approach based on the Environmental Sensitive Areas’ (ESAs) inventory and assessment. More specifically, the project will achieve this through a three-pronged approach:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- support the incorporation of ESA recommendations into policies and enforceable regulations pertaining to integrated coastal zone management (ICZM), thereby mitigating threats to biodiversity and ecosystem functions and resilience with a special focus on tourism and physical development in the coastal zone;
- support the effective management of marine protected areas (MPAs) across the RM, given that they contain an important proportion of critically sensitive ESAs;
- demonstrate mechanisms to arrest land degradation in sensitive locations, focusing on reducing coastal erosion and sedimentation and helping to restore ecosystem functions in key wetland areas
It is intended to award up to three projects to NGOs in the Republic of Mauritius more specifically in Mauritius and Rodrigues, proposals’ amounts should be to a maximum of USD 50,000 for direct interventions in each single community as stated in the ToR.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Eligible proposals will be those focused on achieving the specified results in the project document and targeting the following:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Projects on Rodrigues will be run by
- women and young unemployed men potentially affected by the operationalisation of the four no-take Northern Marine Reserves and also by the presence of SEMPA. Activities identified must improve livelihoods and thus increase compliance with regulations.
- Projects on Mauritius, with the support the Women’s Centres, National Women’s Council and National Women’s Entrepreneur Council, Social Welfare Centre and Community Welfare Centres must be run by
- unemployed women in coastal VCAs
- young unemployed men potentially affected by the operationalisation of Marine Parks and Fishing Reserves.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their proposals in an envelope at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=55413