Deadline: 7 April 2017
Applications are open for “The Global Environment Facility (GEF) Small Grants Programme (SGP)” implemented by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) providing civil society organisations (CSOs) with technical and financial support in the form of grant funding, to projects focused on environmental conservation and restoration, while enhancing people’s livelihoods and well‐being.
- Community landscape/ seascape conservation
- Climate smart innovative agro‐ecology
- Low carbon energy access co‐benefits
- CSO – Government Policy and Planning Dialogue Platforms
- Planning Grants: Planning Grants are meant to help applicants initiate a participatory planning process, undertake research, assess their capacity and/or hire consultants to help them define a project and prepare a proposal to access a Full Grant. These grants are up to a maximum of US$5,000 but most awards usually average US$2,000. It is only in exceptional circumstances that a planning grant will be awarded for US$5,000. The exceptions are when a significant amount of research is needed prior to defining and developing a project proposal; and where business plans are required.
- Full Grants: These grants are given for project implementation and can be for a maximum of US$50,000. Traditionally most awards however do not exceed US$30,000 per project.
- Total Grant for any project (i.e. Planning and Full Grant) = US$50,000
Barbados based CSOs (including national non-governmental organisations, community-based organisations, professional associations, academic organisations, faith-based organisations, youth groups, business civic organisations, hotel and resort associations and foundations) are invited to apply for grants to the Global Environmental Facility Small Grants Programme (GEF SGP).
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via postal mail at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Barbados
For more information, please visit UNDP Call for Project Proposals.