Deadline: 18 January 2019
The overall Goal of the Programme is to improve economic recovery and access to the provision of basic social services of unemployed youths, women, and vulnerable groups in urban areas of Zimbabwe. The Programme approach recognizes the synergistic relationship between a WASH, LED and Basic Social Services Sectors.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Immediate improvements in urban environment to build practical evidence- Access to basic public services, employment, livelihoods opportunities for youth in unserved and underserved urban areas improved.
- Evidence based framework/ strategies for building urban resilience developed.
- Primary target groups – Urban and peri-urban unemployed women, youths (both men and women) and vulnerable communities, especially those living in high-density areas;
- Secondary Target Groups – Local authorities, Private sector and CSOs that will be engaged in social enterprises’ and value chains
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The parameters that will determine whether a NGO is eligible to be considered by UNDP will be based on the requirements indicated in the Mandatory Requirements/pre-qualification criteria.
TEAM COMPOSITION & REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the urban resilience building approaches and creation of social enterprise and employment/enterprise development is a pre-requisite in this development intervention.
- At least ten years of proven relevant experience in the creation of sustainable value chains and employment generation, especially in the water, sanitation, hygiene and basic social services
- In-depth knowledge and experience in setting up local economic development initiatives;
- Proven analytical capacity to conduct practical oriented research and strategies on social enterprise development and employment generation.
- Demonstrated work experience to network capacities to mobilize and partnership with local authorities, private sector and CSOs would be a distinct advantage;
- Working experience with international organizations such as the UN and other development partners will be desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their proposals in an one envelope at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=52329