Deadline: 2 May 2017
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is seeking proposals for a program entitled “Developing Renewable Energy Knowledge and Capacities through the Production of a National Renewable Energy Action Plan (NREAP) for Georgia” in order to facilitate elaboration of NREAP and provision of related capacity building for stakeholders’ capacity of local and national government, civil society organizations and public and private sector in the field of renewable and low carbon energy.
Scopes & Tasks
- Establish starting point and plan for NREAP production
- Recruit subject-matter experts
- Review/assessment of the similar countries’ NREAP documents/experience and discuss with stakeholders
- Conduct consultations with WG, prepare report on situation analysis in Georgia and conduct a workshop to present report findings and get the feedback
- Prepare guiding principles and work plan for NREAP and agree with working groups (WG)
- Elaboration of NREAP
- Creation of WGs in collaboration with relevant ministries
- Formation of Stakeholder network comprise with local governments (e.g. CoM signatories), academics, and CSOs private companies (e.g. agriculture field) etc.
- Setting up structured training on the general, technical, economic, and legal context of renewable energy in Georgia
- Elaboration of draft NREAP for each of the energy streams, within the respective working groups
- Compilation of drafts from energy stream working groups into general NREAP template
- Debrief to share and discuss final draft with working groups
- Dissemination of NREAP
- Training for interested parties of national and sub-national public sector and CSOs on NREAP
- Organization of conference to share NREAP with public, private, and non-governmental sector representatives, national and international.
- Organization of public awareness campaign to share NREAP with the wider public
- At least three (3) years of experience in the field of Renewable Energy;
- Experience in conducting trainings;
- Experience in creation of action plans and/or strategies within last 5 years;
- Experience of implementing grant project of total value no less than USD 60,000 within last 5 years;
- Good understanding of requirements and elaboration of appropriate methodologies;
- Good track record confirmed by at least 2 letter of references from the clients and/or donors supporting projects implemented at least within the last 5 years;
- Good tax payment record;
- Accessibility of staff qualify
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit proposals to the Project team electronically at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Georgia
For more information, please visit UNDP Call for Proposals.