Deadline: 7 October 2019
UNDP Georgia has announced Call for Proposals to support vocational educational, training/retraining institutions and other short-term training provider organizations (NGO’s) operating in the field of agriculture, for their capacity building and further development to implement new authorization standards through allocation of small grants.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The United Nations Development Program Georgia (UNDP) with the financial support of the Swiss Development and Cooperation Agency (SDC) is implementing the project “Modernization of Vocational Education and Training system (VET) related to agriculture in Georgia (Phase II), which aims at creating and developing a modern system of vocational education and extension in agriculture in Georgia.
In order to achieve the mentioned goal, the project envisages capacity building of the vocational education institutions in the field of agriculture, so that they better respond to the new authorization standards and general requirements established by the newly adopted (2018) Law of Georgia on Vocational Education. The project has earmarked the Capacity Development Fund to support Agricultural VET providers to get aligned to the new national standards, which are focusing on different aspects of institutional development including strategies, management and administration, HR, quality management, in-house teacher development, etc. by developing and implementing innovative ideas and best practices.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- The project will allocate small grants ranging from GEL 10,000 to GEL 40,000;
- Duration of the grant project submitted within the grant project application shall not exceed 12 months,
counted from the date of the contract signature to the date when all relevant activities have been successfully
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Internal efficiency of the management system (including quality management system (QMS) and operations and administration of resources have been improved;
- Teachers in-house professional development system has been improved;
- Vocational education has been promoted;
- Linkages with labour market has been established, through strengthened cooperation between private sector and vocational education and/or vocational training institutions and by introduction of the supporting tools;
Quality and consistency of vocational education, training, and assessment practices of learning outcomes have been improved and developed;
- Student services and extracurricular activities have been developed;
- All groups, including women and socially vulnerable groups are engaged and strengthened;
- Lifelong learning opportunities in the agriculture sector has been strengthening;
- Entrepreneurial and innovative schemes to support the provision of high quality and market-relevant VET programs, including interdisciplinary and WBL programs, production value chains, jointly provided programs, VET-based agricultural extension models have been introduced.
- Vocational educational, training/retraining institutions (LEPL’s, N(N)LE’s) including other short-term training providers and organizations (N(N)LE’s (NGO’s) with agriculture development background (including agriculture/food processing fields). All above mentioned institutions have to demonstrate proven experience and capabilities in carrying out the formal and/or non-formal vocational education and training in the field of agriculture/food processing;
- Organizations should be registered in accordance with the legal requirements of the Government of Georgia, must be able to provide organization’s statute and the debt certificate;
- Coalitions (partnership) with VET/training providers, NGOs, private sector and government institutions are encouraged to apply.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- All grant proposals will be reviewed by the Evaluation Committee comprised of the representatives of relevant UNDP representatives;
- All decisions on the selection of grant proposals will be taken not later than 2 weeks after closing date for applications;
- An applicant is considered as a winner and will be invited to conclude the relevant agreement within 3 weeks after receiving the notification if:
- An Applicant received at least 50% of scores for each selection criteria and 75% or higher of the total scores;
- Applicant’s scores are competitive and higher towards other applicants.
- Each organization can be granted with only one project grant.
How to Apply
Interested Applicants can submit application electronically via address given on website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information please visit http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=58938