Deadline: 14 May 2017
The Mainstreaming Rio Convention Provisions into National Sectorial Policies in Jordan funded by the Global Environment Facility’s (GEF) implemented by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), opens a call for project grant proposals for pilot projects on the national rangelands strategy and the national drought management plan for water sector.
The aim is to deliver global environmental benefits through more holistic and effective management of the natural environment to meet national socio-economic priorities in Jordan through mainstreaming Rio convention principles and provisions into the national sectoral strategies/ policies.
- Strengthen the institutional capacities of HKJ concerned agencies to formulate and design sectoral policies, plans, programmes, and strategies that are embedded with Rio Convention provisions, the implementation of which is better likely to produce and sustain global environmental benefits.
- Enhance awareness and understanding amongst planners and decision makers on how the Rio Conventions contribute to the sustainable development process and national development priorities through effective engagement of large numbers of stakeholders from all segments of society including youth, women, academia, NGOs, media, local communities, and the private sector.
- The total granting scheme is up to USD 240,000.
- The maximum amount of a grant agreement to be signed by a single legal entity as a Beneficiary would depend on available allocations and cannot exceed USD 40,000.
- The project implementation timeframe for the approved projects shall not exceed 10 months, counted from the date of the contract signature to the date when all relevant activities have been successfully completed.
- The Call for Grant Proposals is open to all national NGOs, CBOs, capacity development centers, research centers, academia and municipalities.
- Applicant organizations shall be registered in accordance with the legal requirements of the Government of Jordan and must be able to provide organization’s statute.
- Applicant organizations should have minimum one year proven experience in projects management.
How to Apply
Project proposals using attached template, a signed declaration by the applicant in addition to the supporting documents must be submitted in English via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Jordan
For more information, please visit UNDP.