Deadline: 9 September 2019
UNESCO is seeking nominations for the Avicenna Prize for Ethics in Science 2019 in the field of advancing the “Ethics of Environment” with a special thematic focus on ethics of climate change and environmental sustainability.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Prize-winner is also invited for a one-week academic visit to the Islamic Republic of Iran, during which he/she will deliver speeches in relevant academic gatherings, organized for this purpose by the Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
Established in 2003 by the Executive Board of UNESCO at its 166th session on the initiative of the Islamic Republic of Iran, this Prize, awarded every two years, is intended to reward the activities of individuals and groups in the field of ethics in science.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
By thus promoting ethical reflection on issues raised by advances in science and technology, it is expected to help significantly to increase international awareness and highlight the importance of ethics in science.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Its purpose is to reward activities in the field of ethics in science, including:
- High-quality ethical scholarly reflection and research on issues raised by recent scientific and technological advances;
- Major contributions to providing advice to policy-makers on ethical questions in research and development in order to establish and support science ethics policies and committees;
- Activities aimed at developing education and training regarding the ethical dimensions of science;
- Outstanding contributions to fostering science communication, public awareness and debate on the ethics of science and technology.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- The Prize consists of a gold medal of Avicenna along with a certificate, the sum of USD 50,000.
- UNESCO invites Members States in consultation with their National Commissions, non-governmental organizations in official partnership with UNESCO, various professional, academic and non-governmental organizations active in the field of ethics of science and technology, members of relevant UNESCO’s expert bodies and UNESCO’s partners, to propose candidates for the UNESCO Avicenna Prize for Ethics in Science 2019.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit https://en.unesco.org/news/unesco-seeks-nominations-avicenna-prize-ethics-science-2019
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.