- Within the framework of this call for proposals, UNESCO intends to rely on one or more international media brought together in a consortium, or audiovisual production company(ies), to prepare and implement :
- The production and dissemination of audiovisual documentaries, in at least two languages (French and English), focused on the reporting and the access to information on migration in West and Central Africa. The documentaries will aim in particular at illustrate the role of the media and journalists (including those involved in the project) in the reporting on migration, as well as the importance for populations (especially young people) to have access to credible information on issues related to migration.
- Through the production and dissemination of documentaries on migration issue in West and Central Africa, and the access to information on migration, specifically, the activity aims at:
- Presenting the stakes and challenges of migration as well as the regional and international instruments relating to migration;
- Analysing the problem of disinformation and misinformation, and its implication in the decision-making process of young people on migration;
- Highlighting testimonies relating to the issue of the access to information and migration, taking into account a fair gender representation;
- Giving young people a voice on the issue of the access to credible information on migration;
- Reporting on the impact of initiatives related to the provision of credible information on migration for the benefit of young people in West and Central Africa;
- Producing documentaries in at least two languages: French and English;
- Ensuring dissemination of the documentaries in the following countries: Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea-Conakry, Mali, Niger, Nigeria and Senegal.
- Detailed work plan ;
- Detailed technical and financial sheets of the audiovisual documentaries to be produced and broadcasted ;
- At least 5 documentaries of about 22 minutes, with field reports, interviews, critical analyses, broadcast in HD on TV channels and web platforms accessible in the following countries: Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea-Conakry, Mali, Niger, Nigeria and Senegal;
- A narrative and financial report, including a qualitative evaluation of the audiovisual documentaries broadcasted, photos of the documentary’s progress and copies of all the documentaries broadcasted.
- The budget available under this call for proposals is a maximum of 130.000 USD (excluding VAT).
Experience and Required Qualifications
The UNESCO Regional Office for West Africa (Sahel) is looking for an international media or media pool, or audiovisual production companies with the following experience and qualifications:
- At least ten (10) years of experience in the media sector;
- A consolidated experience in the theoretical, including online, and practical training of audiovisual media professionals, in particular in documentary production;
- A demonstrated experience in the production and distribution of documentaries in Africa (on migration topic is considered an asset);
- A good knowledge of the challenges and stakes of information in West and Central Africa, and of the media perspective;
- A demonstrated capacity in planning, management and reporting of activities;
- Previous experience with United Nations agencies would be an important asset;
- Excellent writing skills in French or English.
For more information, visit https://en.unesco.org/news/support-production-documentaries-reporting-and-access-information-migration-west-and-central