Deadline: 11 February 2017
The UNFPA Asia and the Pacific Regional Office (APRO) is seeking expression of interest in the process of identifying potential implementing partners for the implementation of a project to strengthen regional and national capacities to measure violence against women in Asia and the Pacific (2016 – 2019), and seeking to partner with an institution or consortium to create a Knowledge Centre for the measurement of VAW.
Acknowledging the emerging and increasing demand for violence against women (VAW) data and the lack of technical knowledge to properly measure it, UNFPA APRO, with support from the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), aims to invest in developing sustained capacity in the area of VAW measurement at national and regional level in alignment with existing global methodological, ethical and safety standards.
In particular, this project hopes to develop sustained capacity through partnership with an institution or a consortium of institutions for the development of a sound training curriculum and, as in turn, supporting the establishment of a committed pool of trained professional and researchers.
In order to create a sustainable and innovative hub that can nurture and host the expertise needed in Asia and the Pacific for the measurement of VAW, UNFPA APRO is seeking to partner with an institution or consortium to create a Knowledge Centre for the measurement of VAW.
Scope of Work
- Develop a high quality technical training curriculum and facilitators’ guidebook on measuring VAW.
- Deliver a pilot training on the curriculum and revise the training materials with feedback from participants and the project Technical Advisory Committee.
- Establish the training curriculum as a part of regular course delivered at the institution.
- Provide technical assistance to VAW data collection initiatives by countries in Asia and Pacific region through mentorship by the course faculty of the institute and/or mobilization of a trained pool of national and international researchers.
- Initiate/nurture a network of VAW researchers to support future VAW data collection initiatives both in the region and globally and to promote and advocate for quality in VAW prevalence studies.
How to Apply
Institutions interested in participating in the process should forward their expression of interest to UNFPA APRO via email at the address given on the website, with “Response to EOI (VAW), by 11 February 2017” as the subject line.
American Samoa, Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nauru, Nepal, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, North Korea, Northern Mariana Islands, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Russia, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Viet Nam, Wallis and Futuna
For more information, please visit UNFPA Asia and the Pacific.