Deadline: 30 September 2019
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), an international development agency, is inviting qualified organizations to submit proposals for the 6th Country Programme. The purpose of the Invitation for Proposals is to identify eligible non-governmental organizations for prospective partnership with UNFPA Turkey to support achievement of results.
Within this framework and as set out in 2016-2020 6th County Programme Document working with government and other partners, UNFPA will contribute to achieve the following results:
- Strengthened institutions and civil society organizations to ensure delivery of accessible and rights-based sexual and reproductive health and youth-friendly services to underserved and vulnerable groups.
Eligible organizations will be selected in a transparent and competitive manner, based on their capacity to ensure the highest quality of service, including the ability to apply innovative strategies to meet programme priorities in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
UNFPA Turkey office will review evidence provided by the NGO submission and evaluate applications based on the following criteria:
NB: Any proposal not submitted in specified working language will be excluded from consideration.
- Governance & Leadership
- The organization has a clearly defined mission and goals that reflect the organization’s structure and context, as well as alignment to UNFPA priority areas.
- Organization does not have a history of fraud, complaints or service delivery issues.
- Human Resource
- Organization has sufficient staff resources and technical expertise to implement the proposed activities.
- Organization does not have conflicts of interest with UNFPA or its personnel that cannot be effectively mitigated.
- Comparative Advantage
- The organization’s mission and/or strategic plan focuses on at least one of the UNFPA’s programme areas.
- The organization has experience in the country or field and enjoys prominence in areas related to UNFPA’s mandate.
- The organization has a proven track record in implementing similar activities and is seen as credible by its stakeholders and partners.
- The organization has relevant community presence and ability to reach the target audience; especially vulnerable populations and hard-to-reach areas.
- The organization has systems and tools in place to systematically collect, analyse and use programme monitoring data
- The organization has established partnerships with the government and other relevant local, international and private sector entities.
- Environmental Considerations
- The organization has established policies or practices to reduce the environmental impact of its activities. If no policies exist, the organization must not have a history of its activities causing negative impact to the environment.
The expression of interest shall include the following documentation:
- Copy of provisions of legal status of the NGO in Turkey [Required to be eligible for review]
- Copy of provisions of legal status of the NGO in home country (for INGOs)
- Attachment I – NGO Profile and Programme Proposal
- Attachment II – Proposed Budget
- Latest annual report and audit report as separate documents or hyperlink to the documents
How to Apply
- Organizations that wish to participate in this Invitation for Proposals are requested to send their application form through email or mail clearly marked “NGO Invitation for Proposals” at the address given on the website.
- Applications must be submitted in English or in Turkish.
For more information, please visit https://turkey.unfpa.org/en/submission/invitation-grant-proposals-2019-q3