Deadline: 30 April 2019
UNFPA, United Nations Population Fund, an international development agency, invites qualified organizations to submit proposals for the UNFPA 6th Country Programme. The purpose of the Invitation for Proposals is to identify eligible non-governmental organizations for prospective partnership with UNFPA Turkey to support achievement of results.
Within this framework and as set out in 2016-2020 6th County Programme Document working with government and other partners, UNFPA will contribute to achieve the following results:
- Strengthened institutions and civil society organizations to ensure delivery of accessible and rights-based sexual and reproductive health and youth-friendly services to underserved and vulnerable groups
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Eligible organizations will be selected in a transparent and competitive manner, based on their capacity to ensure the highest quality of service, including the ability to apply innovative strategies to meet programme priorities in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
UNFPA Turkey office will review evidence provided by the NGO submission and evaluate applications based on the following criteria:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
NB: Any proposal not submitted in specified working language will be excluded from consideration.
- Governance & Leadership
- The organization has a clearly defined mission and goals that reflect the organization’s structure and context, as well as alignment to UNFPA priority areas.
- Organization does not have a history of fraud, complaints or service delivery issues.
- Human Resource
- Organization has sufficient staff resources and technical expertise to implement the proposed activities.
- Organization does not have conflicts of interest with UNFPA or its personnel that cannot be effectively mitigated.
- Comparative Advantage
- The organization’s mission and/or strategic plan focuses on at least one of the UNFPA’sprogramme areas.
- The organization has experience in the country or field and enjoys prominence in areas related to UNFPA’s mandate.
- The organization has a proven track record in implementing similar activities and is seen as credible by its stakeholders and partners.
- The organization has relevant community presence and ability to reach the target audience; especially vulnerable populations and hard-to-reach areas.
- The organization has systems and tools in place to systematically collect, analyse and use programme monitoring data
- The organization has established partnerships with the government and other relevant local, international and private sector entities.
- Environmental Considerations
- The organization has established policies or practices to reduce the environmental impact of its activities. If no policies exist, the organization must not have a history of its activities causing negative impact to the environment.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The expression of interest shall include the following documentation:
- Copy of provisions of legal status of the NGO in Turkey [Required to be eligible for review]
- Copy of provisions of legal status of the NGO in home country (for INGOs)
- Attachment I – NGO Profile and Programme Proposal
- Attachment II – Proposed Budget
- Latest annual report and audit report as separate documents or hyperlink to the documents
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Organizations that wish to participate in this Invitation for Proposals are requested to send their application form submission through email or mail clearly marked “NGO Invitation for Proposals” at the address given on the website.
- Proposals received after the date and time may not be accepted for consideration. Applications must be submitted in English or in Turkish.
For more information, please visit https://turkey.unfpa.org/en/submission/invitation-grant-proposals-2019-q2