Deadline: 15 March 2017
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is seeking Expression of Interest (EOIs) in Afghanistan to supports the Afghan government in providing protection and assistance to refugees, returning refugees and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs). It seeks to find durable solutions for these groups, to provide reliable information to all humanitarian partners and to advocate for solutions to address the underlying causes of forced displacement.
The overall objective of UNHCR Afghanistan Livelihoods programme is to strengthen capacities and improve access to livelihood opportunities while fostering social cohesion and (re) integration of returnees, IDPs and refugees in Afghanistan”.
The programme will have three strategic areas of focus i.e. promoting income generation, fostering entrepreneurship, and reinforcing community resilience and social cohesion, and its specific objectives include:
- To improve community capacities through increasing access to services and productive facilities.
- To reinforce community resilience and social cohesion by promoting beneficiary participation, engagement and representation for self-reliance.
- To promote sustainable income generating activities (and foster a culture of entrepreneurship) encouraging joint-venture business through community groups and private sector inclusion.
The budget range for this project is between $400, 000 – $500, 000.
- UNHCR welcomes Expressions of Interest from both international and national NGOs registered in Afghanistan for this project.
- UNHCR is currently looking for a partner, with proven experience in community empowerment in particular in the Eastern region to implement livelihoods projects based on the community-based approach.
- The selected partner will have demonstrated expertise and experience in developing comprehensive livelihood strategies (in agriculture and non-agriculture sectors) for persons affected by forced displacement and will be expected to coordinate closely with other UNHCR partners and other stakeholders.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Afghanistan
For more information, please visit UNHCR Call for EOIs.