Deadline: 13 June 2020
UNICEF has partnered with Cartedo to empower youth across Africa to solve a series of global grand challenges and positively impact communities while developing employability skills. They believe that youth have unique perspectives on these challenges and should be given the opportunity to become knowledge producers. This is your chance to Be seen, Be heard and Be the Change!
This challenge gives youth a voice in exploring how we might empower people and communities to become more pandemic-resilient. They are looking for your ideas to solve real challenges faced by real people just like you.
This challenge offers you the opportunity to develop future-ready employability skills like design thinking while contributing to the global efforts to tackle COVID-19. As you progress through this challenge, you’ll use a human-centered design approach to:
- Discover how COVID-19 is impacting real people in different ways
- Define these challenges from a human-centered perspective, and
- Develop innovative solutions to these challenges
You’ll start by exploring human needs related to the COVID-19 pandemic and turn your findings into core challenges faced by real people. By using tools &techniques you will generate multiple ideas to solve these challenges and prototype solutions to share with people around the world.
- Digital Certificate
- All participants that complete the challenge in the prescribed format will receive a certificate of completion authorized by UNICEF, Botnar Foundation, Generation Unlimited and Scouts
- Weekly Financial Rewards
- N100,000 or USD265 (based on exchange rates) for the best idea every week for the first four weeks of the challenge
- NITDA shall provide 2 slots of mentorship for the COVID-19 challenge winners in Nigeria. The mentorship will consist of 8 different direct interactions with NITDA, consisting of 30 mins.
- Co-Creation Hub Mentorship
- Lagos CC Hub offers 6 mentorship sessions to top achievers of the COVID-19 challenge. These sessions will focus on business advisory as well as research and user design advisory. These people will also receive a featured writeup about themselves and their solutions in the CCHub newsletter.
- Mentorship, Innovation ecosystem introductions & Workspace vouchers
- Lagos Innovates is offering mentorship to 2 top achievers. These lucky people will also be introduced to the Lagos innovation ecosystem, corporate and government agencies. Lagos Innovates is also offering workspace vouchers to the top 3 teams from Lagos (please note that they will not offer vouchers to teams who have won other COVID-19 challenges).
- SAEDConnect is offering mentorship to 2 top achievers from Nigeria. This mentorship consists of 8 separate sessions with key mentors (30 mins each).
- Free CV reviews, Soft Skills Training and Cover Story features
- Jobberman is offering the following rewards to top performers. Free CV reviews to the top 20 winners, free soft skills training and a cover story featuring the winners.
- The 10 best ideas emerging out of Malawi will receive free incubation for three months through their Social Impact Incubator.
- Mentorship & Investment Readiness assessment
- Ventures Platform is offering 5 Mentorship slots (1 slot is 4 x 30 mins), 5 Partnership introductions & 5 Investment readiness assessments to top achievers from Nigeria.
- zlto redemtion
Anyone over the age of 14 who identifies as Youth.
For more information, visit https://app.cartedo.com/project/8/covid-19-challenge