Deadline: 1 November 2019
The Robert Bosch Foundation and Cultural Vistas are inviting U.S. professionals to apply for the Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship Program, to be held in 2020-2021.
The Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship Program is a distinguished transatlantic initiative that offers a select cohort of accomplished Americans the opportunity to complete a comprehensive intercultural professional program in Germany that is comprised of three main components:
- Individual professional assignments
- Professional seminars
- German language training
Bosch Fellows act as consultants in their field of expertise at leading public or private institutions in Germany. In addition, Bosch Fellows participate in professional seminars, where they travel to meet and exchange ideas with topic area experts in transatlantic relations across Germany.
Fellows are from the fields of public policy and administration, foreign and security policy, urban and regional planning, business, journalism, communications, law, or cultural and arts management (i.e. museum, theater, orchestra).
- Professional Assignment(s) in German institutions such as the federal government and parliament, private corporations, law firms, NGOs, and major German print, media and cultural organizations.
- Seminars throughout Germany where fellows meet with topic area experts in the public and private sectors, gaining an in-depth understanding of current issues facing the European Union and Germany.
- Monthly stipend within the range of EUR 3,200 to 3,700 starting in October, summer stipend of EUR 1,500 from July through September, and compensation package including health insurance and coverage of program-related travel costs; exact amount of stipend is dependent upon the number of accompanying family members.
- German language training provided before departure for the program and in Germany. No German language skills required at time of application.
- Lifelong membership in the Robert Bosch Fellowship Alumni Association and the broader Bosch Alumni Network.
Candidates for the Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship Program must meet the following requirements:
- U.S. citizen;
- 40 years of age or younger at the application deadline;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant, full-time work experience in target fellowship field (excluding internships);
- Graduate degree preferred;
- Evidence of outstanding professional performance and academic achievement;
- Sincere commitment to furthering the transatlantic relationship;
- Active participation in community and/or public affairs.
- Applicants must submit the following documents online:
- Application form;
- Short essay questions;
- Official transcript of academic degree(s);
- Two letters of recommendation in English.
For more information, please visit https://culturalvistas.org/articles/all/call-for-applications-2020-21-robert-bosch-foundation-fellowship-program/