Deadline: 3 August 2019
The U.S. Embassy Algiers of the U.S. Department of State has announced an open competition for organizations to submit applications for its “Improving Fiscal Transparency in Algeria” to create a digital platform that obtains and aggregates data on all aspects of the Algerian economy, both public and private, and organizes the information in a user-friendly, publicly accessible format.
The digital platform will also allow users to share informed commentary, analysis, and discussions on economic matters. Over time, the platform can become a virtual network leveraged by academia and the business community to organize events, discussions, or forums.
This project will address that need by coordinating the collection of economic data from government sources, public databases, and private sector actors and creating a working tool allowing citizens, associations, and economic actors the ability to understand Algeria’s economy, analyze its strengths and weaknesses, and make better economic decisions.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Funding Opportunity Objectives
The proposed project aims to promote fiscal transparency in Algeria. The following objectives must be achieved:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The creation of a digital platform, freely accessible to the Algerian public, which aggregates key economic information from the public and private sectors.
- The creation, on the same platform, of a digital space in which users can post analysis, commentary, and online discussion of important economic issues.
- Promotion and publicity of the website in public forums to attract visibility and users.
- A development and monitoring plan involving upkeep, maintenance, and moderation of the digital platform.
- Award amounts: Awards may range from a minimum of $100,000 to a maximum of $150,000
- Total available funding: $150,000
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
In this announcement, they seek to support a project in Algeria.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Eligible applicants include U.S. or foreign non-profit organizations; for-profit organizations; private institutions of higher education, public or state institutions of higher education; public international organizations; and small businesses with functional and regional experience in the areas of regulatory policies and reform. Applicants must have experience in the areas of economic accountability, transparency and integrity. Specific experience in implementing fiscal transparency technical assistance projects is highly desirable.
- Applicants must have the organizational capacity to implement program components in Algeria.
- Partnerships with MENA-based civil society organizations are important to ensure that all program activities can be implemented quickly. Additionally, applicants must:
- Demonstrate experience implementing projects similar to those addressed in this NOFO.
- Demonstrate experience working in Algeria and expertise in providing technical assistance in the areas of accountability, transparency and integrity, particularly in the area of Fiscal Transparency.
- The U.S. Embassy is committed to an anti-discrimination policy in all of its programs and activities. The Embassy welcomes applications irrespective of an applicants’ race, ethnicity, color, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or disability. They encourage applications from organizations working with underserved communities, including women, people with disabilities, and youth.
How to Apply
All application materials must be submitted by email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=318016