Looking to supercharge your vision? The 2024 Unity for Humanity Grant is now open! If you have a groundbreaking real-time 3D project or idea that aims to create a world that’s more equitable, inclusive, or sustainable, then apply now!
The Unity for Humanity Grant is an open call for impact-driven project submissions. Through this annual grant they award funding, technical support, marketing, and other resources. Although they only grant to a limited number of projects through this call, they add all submissions to a database which they utilize throughout the year to award other opportunities.
What is Unity for Humanity?
- The Unity for Humanity program empowers real-time 3D creators to make the world a better place by helping bring their visions to life and amplifying their impact.
- They provide financial support needed by creators to bring their projects to market.
- They use their technical skills and expertise to help empower creators to realize their visions.
- Inspiration & education
- Through the Unity for Humanity summit, they inspire creators to use their real-time 3D skills for good.
- Publishing an experience isn’t the end of the road. They use their reach to help social impact projects connect with wider audiences and create lasting change.
Unity for Humanity’s Guiding Principles
- Empathy, respect, and opportunity: They celebrate and support creators with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Positive global change: They provide opportunities for creators to realize a more sustainable and inclusive world.
- Uplifting community: They foster a social impact creator community grounded in inclusion to empower changemakers.
- They’re awarding $500,000 USD total, including a grant specifically awarded to a project that promotes holistic health for youth in alignment with Jewel’s Inspiring Children Foundation.
- Impact driven projects of any genre (i.e., game, XR, film, solution) created using any RT3D platform (Unity, Unreal, Quill, etc.) are eligible to apply. Impact is defined as supporting any of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Projects must be in production beyond conceptualization with a prototype or demo.
- Projects must be charitable in nature. They encourage you to submit projects affiliated with a nonprofit organization. Grants cannot be made to an individual, so please include your nonprofit, studio, or other legal entity with your application.
- If you are not affiliated with a nonprofit organization, they will recommend nonprofit fiscal sponsors that you can partner with.
- They will not accept projects that include or promote hate, violence, bullying, harassment, threats against individuals or groups of people, or illegal content.
- Grants are given to support the development or expansion of your RT3D impact project. Recipients are required to submit an annual form that confirms how the funds were used. Beyond that, they will share optional events and co-marketing tools.
- The countries and individuals the United States has introduced sanctions against are prohibited from applying. At present, this includes: The Crimea Region of Ukraine, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria.
- All applications must be submitted in English. The project itself does not need to be in English, however, videos or trailers should include subtitles so that the judges can accurately review.
- You must complete the Unity for Humanity Grant application. The application asks you to provide a video sample or trailer of the project. There are short essay questions as well which cover project theme(s), motivation, and goals. You can also provide a pitch deck with your application.
- You can reapply to Unity for Humanity, so long as your project meets the requirements, theme, and criteria. If a project has previously received a Unity for Humanity Grant, it is not eligible for additional funding, however, you are welcome to reapply with a new project.
For more information, visit Unity.