The United Nations Mission in Kosovo (UNMIK) is pleased to announce an open call for the Confidence Building Project Proposals 2023 – 2024.
Purpose of this Call
- Proposals are invited for small-scale, low cost, rapidly implementable projects, of benefit to the people of Kosovo, developed and implemented in a participatory manner, which seek to promote trust-building, reconciliation and inter-ethnic cooperation in ethnically mixed areas and among the different communities living in Kosovo, and which facilitate integration and cooperation among communities.
- This call is launched now for projects to be implemented during the financial year July 2023 – June 2024. Project funding is subject to ulterior confirmation of project funds being made available in UNMIK’s 2023 – 2024 budget.
Aim, Objectives and Themes
- Projects should promote:
- inter-municipal and inter-ethnic cooperation;
- the provision of basic services at the community level to stimulate cooperation and reconciliation between communities; or
- the resolution of economic, social, cultural or environmental issues at the local level.
- The common thread that all projects must have, is an element of inter-community cooperation.
- Submitted projects shall not exceed USD 25,000 in value. Project budgets do not need to be close to this upper limit, smaller budgets are also welcome.
- Duration: Projects shall be implementable within 6 months.
- Submitting entities must:
- Be reputable not-for-profit organizations including local NGOs (including local branches of international NGOs), local authorities and government institutions. For-profit organizations and private companies cannot submit CBP proposals;
- Be legally recognized and registered with the relevant Kosovo authorities and have qualified personnel including a physical address, email and telephone contact that can be verified;
- Demonstrate transparency, accountability and efficiency in the use of resources;
- Demonstrate understanding of and compliance with UN standards of conduct with respect to the prohibition of sexual exploitation and abuse;
- Have an account with a reputable banking institution.
- Proven competencies demonstrated by previous, successful project / programme implementations will be an asset.
For more information, visit UNMIK.