Deadline: 12 January 2017
- raise the level of awareness and promoting safe behaviors of the civilian population regarding the threat affiliated with the landmines and ERW contaminations, thereby reducing the number of civilian deaths and injuries.
- enhance ACAP III and victim assistance awareness among the communities vulnerable to mine, ERW and conflict risks.
- Provision of Mine/ERW Risk Education for the at risk population in and around locations with recorded mine, ERW and PPIED accidents in casualties in 163 communities of 17provinces. See annex A for the detailed list of communities.
- Reporting of new contaminations, suspected hazardous areas and casualties reported by community members to the MAPAhotline.
- Distribution of information on ACAP III and victim assistance among the 163 most at-risk communities in 17 provinces, at high risk to mines, ERW and conflicts.
- Grant applications shall only be accepted from national and international not-for-profit organizations registered in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
- Only organizations with experience of implementing successful mine/ERW risk education projects in Afghanistan may apply.
- Organizations must gain accreditation for mine/ERW risk education from the Afghan Government Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC).
- Organizations must have provided Mine/ERW risk education in Afghanistan the last 12 months.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Afghanistan
For more information, please visit UNOPS Call for Proposals.