Deadline: 5 April 2020
The GEF Small Grants Programme (SGP) is a corporate programme of the Global Environment Facility (GEF) implemented by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) since 1992. SGP grant-making in over 125 countries promotes community-based innovation, capacity development, and empowerment through sustainable development projects of communities’ local civil society organizations with special consideration for indigenous peoples, women, and youth. SGP projects support biodiversity conservation, climate change mitigation and adaptation, prevention of land degradation, protection of international waters, and reduction of the impact of chemicals, within a sustainable development framework that promotes sustainable livelihoods and citizen empowerment.
The GEF SGP and MP have entered in a partnership with an objective to leverage resources and increase the resilience of mountain communities through the enhancement of agriculture-food value chains by providing technical assistance, capacity development, and communication and events. Specifically, the eligible organization will help in strengthening value chains of high-value mountain products and enhanced capacity of producer organizations to promote mountain products, including enhancing branding and market linkage, in specific countries, and possibly scale up the learning in others.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Grant funding available for the activity is up to a maximum of US$140,000.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- A trusted entity with a high reputation and is working or will be ready to work in the following countries: Guatemala, Rwanda, Papua New Guinea, Lesotho, and Nepal.
- Entity with a commitment to empower local community and CSO stakeholders as well as ability to work closely with the government and support development agencies to participate, to make the overall effort truly country driven.
- An experienced entity that can build partnerships with relevant organizations, projects or programs which have requisite experience and expertise at the country and global level. Proven experience in developing and managing a portfolio of about 15 small projects with communities with an implementation period of 2-3 years spread across the countries.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Only NGOs who have the ability or can demonstrate their potentials for working and or liaising with national entities.
- Only entities with proven long-term mandate, experience, and interests in working with local civil society organizations and/or community-based organizations.
- The proponent is expected to have an existing in-country and regional infrastructure/network to be able to administer and coordinate the projects.
For more information, visit https://www.ungm.org/Public/Notice/105928