Deadline: 20 July 2016
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking applications from the eligible organizations and companies for its Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) for Let Girls Learn Challenge for Liberia to seek opportunities to co-create, co-design, co-invest, and collaborate in the research, development, piloting, testing, and scaling of innovative, practical and cost-effective interventions to increase Liberian adolescent (ages 10-19) girls’ access to education and promote basic literacy skills.
USAID/Liberia is inviting proposals to create strategic, focused and results-oriented partnerships to promote adolescent girls’ education and apply comprehensive scientific and research-motivated approaches to support sustainable and innovative development outcomes.
Criteria for Consideration
- Innovation, including creativity of the given approach and clear differentiation from existing approaches;
- Low-cost or highly cost-effective;
- Strong likelihood of achieving a substantial impact in the Liberian context(i.e., breakthroughs, not incremental improvements);
- Scalable in resource-poor settings;
- Ability to be monitored, measured, and evaluated
- Organizations that have a proven track record of success in reducing barriers and promoting girls education
- Available evidence, data and resulting analysis in support of the proposed solution(s);
- Preference will be given to non-governmental organizations registered in and owned by a resident citizen of an Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
- Public, private, for-profit, and nonprofit organizations, as well as institutions of higher education, public international organizations, nongovernmental organizations, U.S. and non-U.S. governmental organizations, multilateral and international donor organizations are eligible under this BAA.
- All organizations must be determined to be responsive to the BAA and sufficiently responsible to perform or participate in the final award type.
How to Apply
- Expression of Interest: Interested applicants must submit an expression of Interest.
- Concept Papers: For Expressions of Interest which are deemed to have merit by USAID/Liberia and pass criteria/eligibility stated within the BAA and/or specific addenda, USAID will issue an invitation to collaborate to the potential partner(s).
For more information, visit grants.gov.