Deadline: 12 May 2017
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the Bureau for Food Security (BFS) is seeking concept notes for its “Feed The Future Partnership with Partners for Food Solutions (PFS) to strengthen the food processing sector in Africa.
The objective of the Feed the Future Partnership with Partners in Food Solutions is to engage and mobilize the expertise, infrastructures and resources of PFS and others to transfer knowledge from the volunteer employees of PFS member companies to small and growing food processing businesses across Africa.
- Improved value chain linkages between food processor clients and their raw commodity suppliers
- Increased business development support, including access to finance
- Strengthened distribution channels to increase the market reach of clients’ products
- USAID anticipates developing one alliance under this addendum and, subject to the availability of funds, awarding up to $10 million in funding to support activity implementation under that alliance; this does not include leveraging.
- USAID also reserves the right not to fund any awards. Awards are anticipated to be up to five years in duration.
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity)
- Geographic scope: Partnership applications should focus on Sub-Saharan Africa, particularly in Feed the Future focus countries (Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya, Rwanda, Ghana, Mali, Ethiopia, Liberia, Mozambique, Senegal, and Uganda)
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit grants.gov.