Deadline: 19 September 2019
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The goal of this activity is to help Egypt’s development through creating a cadre of change agents and problem solvers who have an understanding, experience and appreciation of development and democratic processes and values. The activity will also nurture the students’ leadership, cognitive and social skills to contribute to their holistic character development as employable individuals, change agents and future leaders.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Increase access for talented yet economically disadvantaged students to institutions of higher education in Egypt that meet the earmark requirements.
- Help students’ innovations and scientific research contribute to solving Egypt’s developmental challenges in specific areas like water, energy and agriculture.
- Create a national network of young leaders who can contribute to solving Egypt’s development challenges.
- Support entrepreneurship and professional skills development to improve readiness for public and private sector employment.
- Increase opportunities for scholarship and non-scholarship recipients who are early-stage innovators and have potential to be entrepreneurs to engage in technological innovation to help move their innovations rapidly from idea to impact in the marketplace.
- Enhance the demonstrated and potential leadership of participants’ to lead in their professions, communities, and country through paid and voluntary activities.
- Increase English language proficiency amongst scholarship recipients, enabling them to perform confidently in English in academic, professional and social contexts, and to compete in the job market.
- Enhance the responsiveness of university graduates’ skills to the needs of the public and private sector.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $36,000,000
- Award Ceiling: $36,000,000
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations which have not previously received U.S federal awards. Eligible entities such as for profit or non-profit U.S. or Non-U.S. organizations may apply for this NOFO if consistent with the authorized geographic code.
- Applicants must have established financial management, monitoring and evaluation processes, internal control systems, and policies and procedures that comply with established U.S. Government standards, laws, and regulations. The AO may determine a pre-award risk assessment is required to determine whether the prospective recipient has the necessary organization, experience, accounting and operational controls, and technical skills – or ability to obtain them – in order to achieve the objectives of the activity and comply with the terms and conditions of the award.
How to Apply
The application must be submitted in writing at the email address given on the website.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=318993