Deadline: 4 June 2019
The United States Agency for International Development Mission in the Eastern and Southern Caribbean Region (USAID/ESC) is seeking applications for a Cooperative Agreement from qualified entities to implement the Guyana Extractives Sector Transparency.
To help Guyana achieve transparency and good governance in the extractive industry, USAID will support achievement of the four (4) objectives:
- Strengthen capacity of the EITI secretariat to perform its coordinating, administrative and other functions.
- Improve capacity of the multi-stakeholder group to perform its decision-making, and oversight role in upholding the EITI standard.
- Address obstacles affecting mainstreamed disclosures by government and private sector entities.
- Improve the capability of civil society actors engaged in this sector to achieve transparency goals.
- USAID intends to provide US$500,000.00 in total USAID funding over a one (1) year period.
- The estimated start date will be upon the signature of the award but before September 30, 2019.
- Eligibility for this NOFO is not restricted.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations that have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
- Cost Sharing or Matching
- Cost share is not required but is highly recommended. Such funds may be provided directly by the recipient; other multilateral, bilateral, and foundation donors; host governments; and local organizations, communities and private businesses that contribute financially and in-kind to implementation of activities at the country level. This may include contribution of staff level of effort, office space or other facilities or equipment which may be used for the program, provided by the recipient.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted by email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=315599