The United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Mission in Egypt (USAID/Egypt) is seeking applications for a Cooperative Agreement from qualified entities to implement the Women’s Economic and Social Empowerment Activity that promote women’s access to economic opportunities in Egypt.
USAID/Egypt is committed to deepening its investment in women’s economic and social empowerment. This activity aligns with both the Government of Egypt’s and U.S. Government’s shared policy priorities of empowering women towards achieving Egypt’s 2030 National Agenda and meeting the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Goal 1: Improve the work environment for women in the private sector economy.
- USAID/Egypt aims to improve the work environment for women employees in Egypt, working in close partnership with the Egyptian private sector in a number of high-growth sectors, including sectors that are not traditionally common for women’s employment in Egypt
- Goal 2: Expand women’s financial inclusion.
- This objective fully supports the Government of Egypt’s aspiration and commitment towards the transition into a cashless economy. It also fully supports CBE’s goal to increase women’s access to formal financial services through digital financial systems at competitive prices while identifying what financial products and services they need in order for women to succeed.
- Goal 3: Reduce the socioeconomic impacts of violence against women.
- It recognizes that Egypt’s broader economic and social development requires the removal of barriers to women’s participation and empowerment by reducing workplace harassment and violence against women and girls. It aims to reduce the socioeconomic impacts of violence against women
Operating Priorities and Policy Guidance
- Private Sector Engagement;
- Journey to Self-Reliance and Sustainability;
- Diverse Partnerships/Consortium and Leveraging Local Expertise;
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning;
- Persons with Disabilities;
- Coordination and Collaboration
- USAID/Egypt expects to provide $39 million in total USAID funding over a five year period.
- Eligibility for this NOFO is not restricted. USAID/Egypt welcomes applications from organizations that have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
- USAID/Egypt has established a mandatory minimum recipient cost-share of 3% percent of the projected USAID funding for the expected assistance award. Such funds may be provided directly by:
- The Recipient;
- Other multilateral, bilateral, and foundation donors;
- Host country governments; and
- Local organizations, communities and private businesses that contribute financially and in-kind to implementation of activities at the country level.
- USAID/Egypt will utilize a co-design process to finalize the program description and other key aspects of the Cooperative Agreement contemplated by this NOFO.
- Applicants can only submit one (1) application (there is no limitation on whether an individual associated with an organization can also submit an application).
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=330515