Deadline: 29 May 2019
The United States Agency for International Development mission in the Philippines (USAID or USAID/Philippines) is soliciting applications for its Project entitled “Initiatives for Human Rights” to enhance democratic governance in the Philippines, specifically respect for human rights.
USAID has announced this call for effective and innovative approaches and interventions that contribute to achieving the mission’s high level goal of “Enhanced democratic governance that provides economic and political inclusion and advances social stability.”
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The initiative has four programming areas:
- Media capacity and independence advanced: The APS invites innovative applications to advance media capacity and independence in three areas:
- Public support for human rights increased: The APS solicits innovative and tested social behavior change interventions to raise public awareness and support for civil and political rights enshrined in the Philippine Constitution. Activities are envisioned to be organized in three inter‐related components:
- Build the evidence base for behavior change strategies;
- Implement social behavior change interventions to increase citizen engagement in support of human rights;
- Enhance the capacity of communities, civil society and local champions to advocate the advancement of human rights.
- Political participation enhanced: The APS calls for applications to expand political participation and civic engagement in the following key areas:
- Promote civic education;
- Increase resilience of electoral process;
- Local governance bolstered: USAID invites insightful applications to bolster local governance through the following:
- Increase transparency and accountability;
- Improve third party oversight of local procurement;
- Support policy dialogues to advance local governance and decentralization.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Award Ceiling: $8,000,000
- Award Floor: $7,500,000
- This funding opportunity is open to all eligible U.S. and non‐U.S. nongovernmental organizations (other than those from foreign policy restricted countries), including but not limited to foundations, academic organizations, media organizations or associations, for‐profit private enterprises, and consortia.
- Individuals are not eligible to participate in this APS or in any of the Addendums.
- USAID welcomes organizations that have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
- Applicants must have established financial management, monitoring and evaluation processes, internal control systems, and policies and procedures that comply with established U.S. government standards, laws, and regulations.
- Applicants must have a valid DUNS number to submit an application. They also must be registered and is active in SAM.
- USAID encourages applications from potential new implementing partners in support of the Agency’s interest in fostering a larger assistance base, diversifying the partner base, and expanding the number and sustainability of development partners.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=315196
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.