Deadline: 7 October 2019
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking applications from qualified entities to implement the Expanding Malawi HIV/AIDS Prevention with local Organizations Working for an Effective Epidemic Response (EMPOWER) program.
EMPOWER is a five-year program with the goal of preventing new Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infections in targeted populations in PEPFAR priority districts in Malawi. EMPOWER will strive to increase use of proven, high impact, HIV prevention interventions by high-risk and underserved populations.
- Estimated annual number of new HIV infections in adults aged 15-64 (future MPHIA surveys)
- Prevalence of circumcision among males aged 15-29 years (i.e. percentage of males aged 15-29 years who report having been circumcised through medical VMMC).
- Estimated prevalence of HIV in young women 15 to 19 and 20 to 24 years of age.
- Percent of PLHIV who accurately know their status and who report being on ART (future MPHIA surveys)
- Percent of individuals reporting condom use at last high-risk sex.
Through EMPOWER, USAID plans to award up to five cooperative agreements to implement four related HIV prevention components:
- Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC)
- DREAMS Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) Services and HIV Case-Finding
- Comprehensive Condom Programming (CCP)
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $72,000,000
- Award Ceiling: $33,000,000
- Award Floor: $6,500,000
Eligibility for this NOFO is not restricted, applications from organizations that have not previously received financial assistance from USAID are welcome if the Applicant determines that it has necessary capacity to implement activities of the magnitude such as this one.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=319955