Deadline: 7 October 2019
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking applications from qualified entities to implement the Expanding Malawi HIV/AIDS Prevention with local Organizations Working for an Effective Epidemic Response (EMPOWER) program.
EMPOWER is a five-year program with the goal of preventing new Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infections in targeted populations in PEPFAR priority districts in Malawi. EMPOWER will strive to increase use of proven, high impact, HIV prevention interventions by high-risk and underserved populations.
- Estimated annual number of new HIV infections in adults aged 15-64 (future MPHIA surveys)
- Prevalence of circumcision among males aged 15-29 years (i.e. percentage of males aged 15-29 years who report having been circumcised through medical VMMC).
- Estimated prevalence of HIV in young women 15 to 19 and 20 to 24 years of age.
- Percent of PLHIV who accurately know their status and who report being on ART (future MPHIA surveys)
- Percent of individuals reporting condom use at last high-risk sex.
Through EMPOWER, USAID plans to award up to five cooperative agreements to implement four related HIV prevention components:
- Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC)
- DREAMS Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) Services and HIV Case-Finding
- Comprehensive Condom Programming (CCP)
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $72,000,000
- Award Ceiling: $33,000,000
- Award Floor: $6,500,000
Eligibility for this NOFO is not restricted, applications from organizations that have not previously received financial assistance from USAID are welcome if the Applicant determines that it has necessary capacity to implement activities of the magnitude such as this one.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=319955