Deadline: 13 January 2020
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking applications from a Cooperative Agreement from qualified entities to implement the Community Engagement in Bilingual Education Activity in Zambezia and Nampula.
The overall purpose of the Community Engagement in Bilingual Education program is to increase civil society engagement in the long-term sustainability of EGR activities.
Strengthening civic engagement on improving reading outcomes will act as a driver to push the educational system to perform better and deliver higher quality services to students. In order to achieve this objective, the activity will ensure:
- Strengthened Civil Society engagement in Early Grade Reading.
- Improved quality of reading instruction for primary school-aged children.
- Subject to funding availability and at the discretion of the Agency, USAID intends to provide approximately $4.65 in total USAID funding for the two provinces over a 3 (three) year period. If two (2) awards are issued the cumulative total amount of both awards will not exceed $4.65 million.
- The anticipated period of performance is 3 (three) years.
- Eligibility for this RFA is restricted to Local Mozambican Organizations (Local Entities) as defined.
- “To be considered a “local” organization, USAID defines an entity that must:
- Be organized under the laws of the recipient country;
- Have its principal place of business in the recipient country;
- Be majority owned by individuals who are citizens or lawful permanent residents of the recipient country; and/or
- Be managed by a governing body, the majority of whom are citizens or lawful permanent residents of a recipient country
- Not be controlled by a foreign entity or by an individual or individuals who are not citizens or permanent residents of the recipient country.
- The term “controlled by” means a majority ownership or beneficiary interest as defined above, or the power, either directly or indirectly, whether exercised or exercisable, to control the election, appointment, or tenure of the organization’s managers or a majority of the organization’s governing body by any means, e.g., ownership, contract, or operation of law. “Foreign entity” means an organization that fails to meet any part of the “local organization” definition.
- Government controlled and government owned organizations in which the recipient government owns a majority interest or in which the majority of a governing body are government employees, are included in the above definition of local organization.
- These eligibility requirements apply to only the principal Applicant.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations that have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=322430