Deadline: 13 May 2019
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID/Nigeria) is seeking applications for a Cooperative Agreement from qualified entities to implement the Key Population Community HIV Services Action and Response (KP- CARE-1) Activity.
The purpose of this Program Description is to support USAID/Nigeria’s “Key Population Community HIV Services Action and Response” (KP-CARE-1) activity, hereinafter referred to as the “Activity”, to reduce HIV incidence and mitigate the impact of HIV for key populations (KPs) in Nigeria. This includes providing HIV prevention, care, and treatment services, as well as addressing structural barriers to KPs accessing these services. The Activity will address critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among KPs by implementing a comprehensive package of services in line with the WHO guidelines. Primary beneficiaries of this activity include key populations as defined by the “National
Guidelines for HIV Prevention Treatment and Care” published by Nigeria’s Federal Ministry of Health, National AIDS and STI’s Control Programme (NASCP) in 2016, which states the following on pp. 25-26: “Key populations have disproportionately high HIV prevalence because of a higher risk of contracting and transmitting HIV. They include:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- People in prisons and closed settings
- Injecting drug users
- Commercial sex workers
- Men who have sex with men
- Transgender people.”
KP-CARE 1 will initially target KPs in Lagos, Akwa Ibom, and Cross Rivers States. However, based on data-driven PEPFAR priorities over time, USAID/Nigeria will maintain flexibility to change geographic focus, at short notice, throughout implementation of the Activity. Therefore, the Applicant is required to demonstrate ability to accommodate potential changes to places of performance beyond the states identified.
The proposed Activity aligns with and supports the objectives of:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- USAID/Nigeria’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS); the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief Nigeria Country Operational Plan 2018 (PEPFAR, 2018).
- The Government of Nigeria’s (GON) National HIV and AIDS Strategic Framework 2017- 2021 published by the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA, 2018).
- Subject to funding availability and at the discretion of the Agency, USAID intends to provide $19,971,838 in total USAID funding over a five (5) year period.
- The anticipated period of performance is five (5) years. The estimated start date will be August 1, 2019.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Qualified non-U.S. organizations (other than those from foreign policy restricted countries) are eligible to apply under this NOFO. Potential for-profit Applicants should note that, in accordance with 2 CFR 200.400(g), profit, which is any amount in excess of allowable direct and indirect costs, is not an allowable cost for Recipients of USAID assistance awards, and cannot be part of the activity budget. However, the prohibition against profit does not apply to procurement contracts made under the assistance instrument when the Recipient procures goods and services in accordance with the Procurement Standards found in 2 CFR 200.317 to 326.
- Eligibility for this NOFO is restricted to local Nigerian organizations.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations which have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
- Applicants must have established financial management, monitoring and evaluation processes, internal control systems, and policies and procedures that comply with established U.S. Government standards, laws, and regulations. The successful Applicant(s) will be subject to a responsibility determination assessment (possibly including a pre-award survey) by the AO.
- The Recipient must be a responsible entity. The AO may determine a pre-award survey is required to conduct an examination that will determine whether the prospective Recipient has the necessary organization, experience, accounting and operational controls, and technical skills – or ability to obtain them – in order to achieve the objectives of the program and comply with the terms and conditions of the award.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted by email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=314353