The South Asia Regional Energy Partnership (SAREP) is currently inviting applications for Partnership Fund Round 2 to support market-based transformative solutions to enable the clean energy transition, particularly by engaging the private sector, local organizations, and new, underutilized partners.
It also harnesses innovative business models, solutions, technologies, resources, experiences, and networks of relationships that exist across stakeholders. SPF will achieve this by catalyzing country and regional activities to complement the technical assistance provided by SAREP. SPF aims to expand and maximize the impact of USAID resources innovatively and sustainably through activities designed, owned, and implemented by grantees under the SAREP Program.
The USAID SPF will support market-based transformative solutions to enable the clean energy transition in South Asia, particularly by engaging the private sector, local organizations, and new and underutilized partners. It will also harness innovative business models, solutions, technologies, resources, experiences, and networks of relationships that exist across stakeholders.
This RFA focuses on activities specific to all six SAREP countries – Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, and Sri Lanka. Through this RFA, USAID SPF is inviting applications to fund qualified organizations for supporting activities and programs consistent with SAREP’s purpose of improving access to affordable, secure, reliable, and sustainable energy, and its four objectives.
A five-year initiative supporting Indo-US collaboration with following objectives:
- Developing high performing modern utilities
- Increase deployment of advanced energy solutions and systems
- Enhance private investments, markets and transparent, best value procurement
- Regional energy cooperation and integration of markets
Entities from the US, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, or Sri Lanka, or other developing countries per USAID’s Automated Directives System (ADS) 310 are eligible to apply, provided they are legally authorized to operate in any of the six SAREP countries
- Private sector/for-profit entities
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Civil society organizations
- Business service organizations
- Industry, trade, or other private sector associations
- Educational/training or academic institutions
- Think tank/research entities
- Local Organizations, New and Under-utilized partners are encouraged to apply!
- Have sound financial systems
- Have no real or apparent conflicts of interest
- Have internal controls to safeguard assets and protect against fraud and waste
- Have or commit to secure a Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) from SAM.GOV
- Abide by applicable regulations and required certifications of USAID
- Able to report on achievements and outputs in line with RTI’s approved M&E plan
- Have written and well-articulated ethics/conflict of interest policies
- Ensure compliance with environmental monitoring and mitigation requirements
For more information, visit https://sarepenergy.net/opportunities-usaid-sarep-partnership-fund-round-2/