Deadline: 28 June 2016
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in El Salvador is seeking applications from qualified U.S. and Non-U.S. organizations to fund a program entitled “Democracy and Governance Programmatic areas”.
Programmatic Areas and their Objectives
- Human Rights: USAID seeks to strengthen the effectiveness of the human rights protection environment in El Salvador by increasing civil society engagement to help inform policies and strategies and raise awareness of human rights violations among citizens and Government, and improving the capacity of institutions responsible for human rights protection and promotion.
- Juvenile Justice: USAID seeks innovative ideas and effective strategies to provide institutional strengthening and technical assistance to improve the Government of El Salvador’s processes to reintegrate youth in conflict with the law at the national level.
- Supporting Civil Society Efforts to Strengthen Democratic Governance: USAID seeks to support local civil society initiatives with the potential to improve democratic governance in El Salvador.
Subject to funding availability, USAID intends to provide $35 million in total USAID funding for awards that may have a length of five years.
- Human Rights: Approximate funding available is $15 million.
- Juvenile Justice: Approximate funding available is $10 million.
- Supporting Civil Society Efforts to Strengthen Democratic Governance: Approximate funding available is $10 million.
- For programmatic area “Supporting Civil Society Efforts to Strengthen Democratic Governance” is only open for Salvadoran (local) entities.
- The other two Programmatic areas Human Rights and Juvenile Justice are open to U.S. and non-US organizations.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations which have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
- Applicants must have established financial management, monitoring and evaluation processes, internal control systems, and policies and procedures that comply with established U.S. Government standards, laws, and regulations
- The Recipient must be a responsible entity.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their concept papers electronically at the address given on the website.
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, the Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia , Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Republic of Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Republic of Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, United Republic of Tanzania, Thailand , Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States of America, Guam, American Samoa, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Yugoslavia, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit Democracy and Governance APS.