Deadline: 25 July 2016
The United States Agency for International Development mission in Ethiopia (USAID/Ethiopia) is seeking applications from qualified organizations to manage and implement Feed the Future Ethiopia Livelihoods for Resilience Activity with an aim to support and enhance livelihood opportunities of the chronically food insecure households.
The Feed the Future Ethiopia Livelihoods for Resilience Activity should also subscribe to USAID Ethiopia’s Country Development and Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) that calls for collaboration and coordination among USAID investments in order to achieve push-pull – USAID Ethiopia’s approach to supporting a pathway out of poverty.
- On-farm income generating activities (IGAs) and crop and livestock market systems;
- Off-farm IGAs and non-farm enterprise development;
- Non-farm labor and wage employment;
- Collaborative and adaptive learning for scaling and sustaining livelihood pathways.
- The anticipated total federal funding amount is approximately $60,000,000 subject to availability for a period of performance of five (5) years.
- The anticipated Start Date for this activity is November 2016 with a period of performance of five years.
- All qualified U.S. and non-U.S. organizations (other than those from foreign policy restricted countries) are eligible to apply.
- Pursuant to Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 200.400(g), it is USAID policy not to award profit under assistance instruments such as cooperative agreements, and as such, for profit organizations must waive profits and/or fees to be eligible to submit an application.
- USAID encourages applications from potential new partners.
- Government of Ethiopia laws requires prior registration for a foreign and local organization in order to implement programs or conduct business in Ethiopia.
- Applications shall be submitted in English only.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email their applications at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Feed the Future Ethiopia Livelihoods for Resilience Activity.