Deadline: 18 May 2016
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking applications from qualified U.S. and Non-U.S. organizations to provide funding in support of Family Planning/Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (FP/RMNCAH) Service Delivery programs namely AFYA FP/RMNCAH Kitui Activity, AFYA FP/RMNCAH Nakuru/Baringo Activity, and AFYA FP/RMNCAH Turkana/Samburu Activity in Kenya.
The activities aim to address the health of Kenyan women, children and adolescents through a life course approach. Adolescents are key to the economic development of Kenya and solutions to their health must assure their ability to contribute to their country’s growth.
- Maternal and Child Health: strengthen capacity and service delivery in birth preparedness and maternity services; treatment of obstetric complications and disabilities; and newborn and child care treatment; immunization; and nutrition at community and facility levels.
- Family Planning and Reproductive Health (FP/RH): AFYA FP/RMNCAH will expand access to high quality voluntary family planning and reproductive health services by building the capacity of the public, private, and non-governmental sector.
- Nutrition: AFYA FP/RMNCAH will expand and improve facility and community-level nutrition activities including breastfeeding promotion, maternal and child nutrition and improved household hygiene.
Subject to funding availability, USAID intends to provide the following funds approximately for each mechanism in total USAID funding over a five year period with an estimated start date of September 2016.
- Mechanism #1 – FP/RMNCAH Baringo/Nakuru $ 20 million
- Mechanism #2 – FP/RMNCAH Turkana/Samburu $ 24.5 million
- Mechanism # 3 – FP/RMNCAH Kitui $ 20 million
- USAID encourages applications from a broad range of interested parties, foreign and domestic nonprofit organizations, foreign and domestic for-profit companies that forego profit, faith-based organizations, foundations, academic institutions, civic groups and regional organizations.
- USAID welcomes applications from potential new partners and organizations which have not previously done business with USAID.
- If the applicant proposes to partner with other organizations through sub-awards, it should present a clear structure in terms of roles and responsibilities of each sub-recipient, lines of authority, and managerial decision-making process.
- Resources should be shared among the sub-recipients based on their contributions to the program. In preparing their applications, applicants must not enter into exclusive arrangements for labor with any local staff or local organizations.
- Applicants must have established financial management systems, monitoring and evaluation processes, internal control systems, and policies and procedures that comply with established U.S. Government standards, laws, and regulations.
- The successful applicant(s) will be subject to a risk assessment by the Agreement Officer (AO).
- The Recipient must be a responsible entity.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations which have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their applications electronically via given website.
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antarctica, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, British Antarctic Territory, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Canton and Enderbury Islands, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Christmas Island, Cocos or Keeling Islands, Colombia, Comoros, Congo – Brazzaville, Congo – Kinshasa, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Côte d’Ivoire, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Dronning Maud Land, East Germany, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, French Southern and Antarctic Territories, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guernsey, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Honduras, Hong Kong SAR China, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Johnston Island, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau SAR China, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Metropolitan France, Mexico, Micronesia, Midway Islands, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar or Burma, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, North Korea, North Vietnam, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Oman, Pacific Islands Trust Territory, Pakistan, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Panama Canal Zone, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, People’s Democratic Republic of Yemen, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn Islands, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Réunion, Saint Barthélemy, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Serbia and Montenegro, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, São Tomé and Príncipe, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands, U.S. Miscellaneous Pacific Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, Uganda, Ukraine, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wake Island, Wallis and Futuna, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit this link.