Deadline: 26 July 2016
The United States Agency for International Development in Tanzania (USAID/Tanzania) is seeking applications from qualified U.S. and non-U.S. organizations to fund activities under a program entitled “Comprehensive Platform for Integrated Communications Initiative (CPICI)” with an aim to support the Recipient’s interventions and collaboration with the Government of Tanzania (GOT) to improve the health status especially of women and youth.
The purpose is to support the Recipient’s program to foster positive health practices in households and communities through changes in social and cultural norms that will enable and maintain these practices.
- Strong SBCC coordination at national, regional, and LGA levels
- Consistent use of data for decision-making
- Adherence to best practice in SBCC design, including audience segmentation and attention to determinants of behavior
- Use of multiple and appropriate channels to communicate mutually reinforcing messages and clear harmonization across channels
- Collaboration for sustainability
- Attention to social structures and networks in support of behavior change
- Continued quality assurance and improvement.
Priority Health Areas
- Reproductive Health/Family Planning
- Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health
- TB and other infectious diseases (OIDs), such as Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
Funding Information: Subject to funding availability, USAID/Tanzania intends award grand total $46,200,000 with a period of five (5) years.
- U.S. and non-US organizations may participate.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations that have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
- Applicants must have established financial management, monitoring and evaluation processes, internal control systems, and policies and procedures that comply with established USG standards, laws, and regulations. The successful applicant will be subject to a risk assessment (Pre-award Survey) by the AO.
- The Recipient must be a responsible entity.
- All local institutions or affiliates of international organizations must be registered as a legal entity in Tanzania. Local registration is not a requirement at application time, but it is required prior to the award.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can either upload or email their applications at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Comprehensive Platform for Integrated Communication Initiative.