Deadline: 6 July 2016
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID), through the Regional Contracting Office in Kyiv, Ukraine is seeking applications from qualified U.S. or Non-U.S. organizations to fund an activity entitled “Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE)”. The activity aims to increase citizen awareness of and engagement in civic activities at the national, regional and local level.
ENGAGE will support the underlying USAID Ukraine strategic theme of greater engagement with civil society and building civil society capacity across all sectors. Specifically, ENGAGE addresses the strategic priority of Democratic Reforms Implemented in Key Sectors and contributes to the result of Improved Citizen Oversight and Engagement.
- Enhance civic education
- Foster effective national, regional and local civic coalitions and initiatives to promote democratic reforms
- Improve organizational capacity of partner CSOs
- Develop local capacity to ensure long-term civic engagement in democratic reforms
- Citizen awareness of civic engagement enhanced
- Effective national, regional and local civic coalitions and initiatives promote democratic reforms
- National, regional and local CSO organizational capacity improved
- Local capacity to ensure long-term civic engagement in democratic reforms developed.
The total amount of ENGAGE, subject to the availability of funds is $22,000,000 in total USAID funding over a 5-year period of which at least:
- $10,000,000 should be sub-granted to Ukrainian civil society organizations (CSOs)
- $4,000,000 should be dedicated to anti-corruption activities
- U.S. and Non-U.S. Non-Governmental U.S. and Non-U.S. Non-Profit Organizations
- U.S. and Non-U.S. For-Profit Organizations
- U.S. and Non-U.S. Colleges and Universities
- Public International Organizations (PIOs)
- New Partners: USAID encourages applications from new partners that have not previously received USG funding.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their application packages electronically via given website.
For more information, please visit grants.gov.