Deadline: 4 June 2019
The National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) is seeking applications for its grant program entitled “Agriculture and Food Research Initiative – Sustainable Agricultural Systems”.
The purpose of AFRI is to support research, education, and extension work by awarding grants to solve key problems of local, regional, national, and global importance in sustaining conventional, organic, and urban agricultural systems.
These include farm efficiency, profitability and sustainability, ranching, bioenergy, forestry, aquaculture, rural communities and entrepreneurship, human nutrition, mitigating impacts of biotic and abiotic constraints on food production, food safety,mitigating food waste and food loss, physical and social sciences, home economics and rural human ecology, biotechnology, and classical breeding. Through this support, AFRI advances knowledge in both fundamental and applied sciences important to agriculture.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The purpose of the SAS Program Area is to promote the sustainable supply of abundant, affordable, safe, nutritious, and accessible food and other agricultural products, while enhancing economic opportunities and improving the long-term health and well-being of all Americans. This RFA solicits applications for projects focused on:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- increasing profitability in agriculture through reducing input costs, increasing productivity, and reducing losses due to environmental and biological stresses, including pests and diseases;
- fostering economic development and prosperity in rural America by catalyzing production of high-value bio-based chemicals and other products using agricultural feedstocks; and/or
- enhancing rural prosperity and health by ensuring access to affordable, safe and nutritious food to sustain healthy lifestyles.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $90,000,000
- Award Ceiling: $10,000,000
- Award Floor: $5,000,000
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Applications may only be submitted by eligible entities.
- Eligibility is linked to the project type as specified below.
- Research, Education or Extension Projects: Eligible applicants for single-function Research,Education or Extension Projects include:
- State Agricultural Experiment Station;
- colleges and universities (including junior colleges offering associate degrees or higher);
- university research foundations;
- other research institutions and organizations;
- Federal agencies,
- national laboratories;
- private organizations or corporations;
- individuals who are U.S. citizens, nationals, or permanent residents; and
- Eligible institutions do not include foreign and international organizations.
- Integrated Projects: Eligible applicants for Integrated Projects include:
- colleges and universities;
- 1994 Land-Grant Institutions; and
- Hispanic-serving agricultural colleges and universities
- the terms “college” and “university” mean an educational institution in any state which
- admits as regular students only persons having a certificate of graduation from a school providing secondary education, or the recognized equivalent of such a certificate;
- is legally authorized within such state to provide a program of education beyond secondary education;
- provides an educational program for which a bachelor’s degree or any other higher degree is awarded;
- is a public or other nonprofit institution; and
- is accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association. A research foundation maintained by a college or university is eligible to receive an award under this program.
- Food and Agricultural Science Enhancement Grants: FASE Grants provide support for Pre- and Postdoctoral Fellowships, New Investigators, and Strengthening Grants.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=314379