Deadline: 30 September 2018
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) is currently seeking applications for its Agriculture and Food Research Initiative (AFRI) “Foundational Program”.
The goal of this program is to invest in agricultural production research, education, and extension projects for more sustainable, productive and economically viable plant and animal production systems.
- Plant Health and Production and Plant Products
- Animal Health and Production and Animal Products
- Food Safety, Nutrition, and Health
- Bioenergy, Natural Resources, and Environment
- Agriculture Systems and Technology
- Agriculture Economics and Rural Communities
NIFA anticipates approximately $150.2 million will be available to support Programs Areas in this AFRI RFA that are designed to help solve critical problems across the United States for project durations of up to 5 years.
Eligible applicants for single-function Research, Education or Extension Projects include:
- State Agricultural Experiment Station
- colleges and universities (including junior colleges offering associate degrees or higher)
- university research foundations
- other research institutions and organizations
- Federal agencies
- National laboratories
- private organizations or corporations
- individuals who are U.S. citizens, nationals, or permanent residents
- Eligible institutions do not include foreign and international organizations.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.