Deadline: 24 February 2020
The National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is currently seeking applications for its program entitled “Women and Minorities in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Fields Program (WAMS)”.
The purpose of this program is to support research, education/teaching, and extension projects that increase participation by women and underrepresented minorities from rural areas in STEM. NIFA intends this program to address educational needs within broadly defined areas of food, agriculture, natural resources, and human (FANH) sciences.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $400,000
- As contained in Section 7204 of the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 (FCEA) (Pub.L. 110-246 which amends Section 1672 of the Food, Agriculture, Conservation, and Trade Act of 1990 (7 U.S.C. 5925)), applications may only be submitted by the following eligible applicants:
- State agricultural experiment stations;
- colleges and universities;
- university research foundations;
- other research institutions and organizations; (e) Federal agencies;
- national laboratories;
- private organizations or corporations;
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=323150