Deadline: 17 April 2020
The Viiv health care is seeking applications for “2020 Positive Action Challenges- Harm Reduction” to find innovative solutions to a particular issue or challenge.
Can you design or scale up a community or peer-led initiative or programme that aims to provide comprehensive, innovative and accessible harm reduction services at the community level for people who inject drugs?
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Successful new ideas or existing projects will:
- Be community or peer-led.
- Meaningfully engage and involve the community of people who inject drugs in the design and delivery of their initiative.
- Promote non-stigmatising, inclusive and comprehensive care for people who use drugs.
- Describe how harm reduction services can be integrated into existing community or local public health HIV support services and/or how HIV services can be integrated into harm reduction services.
- Be able to demonstrate how the initiative drives increased and sustained access to HIV services and support through addressing current barriers e.g. outlining how existing policy, regulatory and programmatic barriers have been addressed to enhance accessibility and quality.
- Demonstrate how the project can be sustained beyond the award.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Your application should be specific in describing how the interventions that you want to implement is going to contribute to addressing the Challenge or thematic area.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Seed award of $25,000 for 12 months or;
- Grant award of $ 75,000 for 12 months.
There are no geographical restrictions on applications for the Challenge or self-stigma component of the Innovator grant.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Non-governmental and community-based organisations that can deliver change at a community level through their links with or representation of the communities affected especially adolescents, young people, gay men and other men who have sex with men, people who use drugs, sex workers and transgender men and women.
- New vs. Existing Projects
- For Challenges: organisations can apply for a seed award to pilot a brand-new idea or a grand award to expand or scale-up an existing project.
- For Innovator funding: your project must consist of new work that has not been previously funded. It can include projects transferred to a new location(s) and/or include the expansion of a recently tested model or pilot. It may not be a continuation of a previously funded activity/service.
- Community Focus
- Positive Action believes that engaging local communities is critical to addressing the drivers of health and life inequalities, it therefore seeks to promote community responses that work at the level of changing beliefs, attitudes and behaviours to improve health and rights at the community level.
- Community engagement, participation and/or leadership are mandatory requirements for all Positive Action grants: your proposal must demonstrate how your work will engage, involve empower and benefit affected communities.
For more information, visit https://viivhealthcare.com/en-gb/supporting-the-community/new-positive-action-strategy-and-funding/
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.