Deadline: 11 August 2019
ViiV Healthcare is currently accepting grant proposals from peer-led, community-based organisations in low- and middle-income countries and those with a record of hostility toward MSM and transgender people for its “Positive Action for Men Who Have Sex with Men and Transgender People (MSM&T)” to support community-based organisations that work toward an AIDS-free future.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
They prioritise projects that address the structural barriers to the rights, health and wellbeing of MSM and transgender people including those living with HIV, and those that support and develop their independence and resilience.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- HIV, sexual health, and sexual wellbeing
- Human rights and social justice
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Education and economic empowerment
- Homelessness and shelter
Organisations may apply for a grant of up to £40,000 per year for up to two years (no more than £80,000 total).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Positive Action for MSM&T focuses on low- and middle-income countries and those with records of hostility to the rights and wellbeing of the LGBTIQ community including those living with HIV.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
A Positive Action grant cannot make up more than 25% of organizations income if organizations are in an upper-middle income country, or 50% if organizations are in a low income or lower-middle income country, or in Sub-Saharan Africa. A list of eligible countries:
- Countries with 50% limit: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Rep of Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Pakistan, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Countries with 25% limit: Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cayman Islands, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Estonia, Fiji, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Hong Kong, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Lithuania, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Nauru, North Macedonia (FYR), Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the, Grenadines, Suriname, Syria, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
To be eligible for a Positive Action for MSM&T grant, organizations must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Organization must be a registered not-for-profit or charity
- Organization must focus on HIV/AIDS and directly related issues
- Organization must specialise in supporting MSM and/or transgender people or raising awareness of the issues they face
- Proposed project should be led by MSM and/or transgender people
- Proposed project must involve MSM and/or transgender people at all stages of the project design, development, implementation and monitoring
- At least 85% of the proposed funding must be spent in the country of focus
- The project must NOT involve the purchase or prescription of HIV medications
Please note, they will not fund individuals, medical research, or conference attendance, or provide retrospective funding for projects that are completed or already underway.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
No more than 15% of proposed funding should go toward overheads or costs not directly related to the project, but related to the organization.
Unfortunately, they can accept only applications in English at this time. Organisations must also be able to communicate in English throughout the life of the project.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.viivhealthcare.com/en-gb/supporting-the-community/positive-action-programmes/positive-action-for-msm-transgender-people/?fbclid=IwAR0POsX5uiAtruMto0FZV4qKM6Wk2MZ2eUzprUZX9fS-ZoKOJN02I1nlbds#grant-applications
(Ad) A massive library of Downloadable Ebooks, covering a range of how-to topics from fundraising, proposal writing, grant listings, donor listings to NGO management. Learn more.