The Wayne County Children’s Resource Fund was established to help remove barriers which may impede children’s ability to lead meaningful and productive lives. These barriers may include poverty, drug use, bullying, discrimination, learning disabilities, low self-confidence, or a challenging home life. Grants may be made to nonprofit organizations for programs or capital projects that impact these issues.
The Wayne County Children’s Resource Fund is a component fund of the Wayne County Community Foundation (WCCF) and shall adhere to all WCCF policies.
In order to make the best use of available funds, the Foundation looks for one or more of the following when reviewing proposal requests:
- The project is a well-planned approach to solving a problem and delivering services.
- The use of funds will be efficient and effective.
- Foundation support is vital or catalytic to the success of the project.
- The proposed project is expected to continue after the grant ends.
- Expenses will be reduced by sharing resources with other agencies or groups
Grants are limited to activities and organizations benefiting children in the Wayne County, Ohio area. Grants may not be used to carry on propaganda or otherwise attempt to influence legislation, participate in or intervene in any political campaign on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office, or to conduct, directly or indirectly, any voter registration drive.
- The Foundation makes grants only to organizations that are recognized by the Internal Revenue Code as nonprofit, tax-exempt, charitable organizations, educational institutions, or to qualified governmental agencies. The Foundation does not make grants to individuals except through scholarship funds.
For more information, visit https://www.waynecountycommunityfoundation.org/grants-and-scholarships/grant-opportunities/wayne-county-childrens-resource-fund-grants