Deadline: 1 November 2016
The Wenner-Gren Foundation is currently inviting applications for its Post-Ph.D. Research Grants with an aim to award individuals holding a Ph.D. or equivalent degree to support individual research projects. The program contributes to the Foundation’s overall mission to support basic research in anthropology and to ensure that the discipline continues to be a source of vibrant and significant work that furthers our understanding of humanity’s cultural and biological origins, development, and variation.
The Foundation supports research that demonstrates a clear link to anthropological theory and debates, and promises to make a solid contribution to advancing these ideas.
The maximum amount of the Post-Ph.D. Research Grant is US $20,000.
- Qualified scholars are eligible without regard to nationality, or institutional or departmental affiliation.
- Applications are accepted from scholars who are close to completing their doctorate or equivalent degree; however, the grant cannot be awarded until the degree is completed. Note that the Foundation expects the degree to have been completed before the start date for the proposed project given by the applicant on the application form.
- Current grantees must have completed all requirements of their existing grant, including submission of the final report, before an application for a new project can be accepted.
- Post-Ph.D. Research grant applications that were unsuccessful in a prior funding cycle may be resubmitted only if they are accompanied by a resubmission statement, explaining how the application is different from the prior application and how the referees’ comments have been addressed.
How to Apply
- Applications must be submitted on the most recent official application form. Application forms and guidelines for completing these forms are available three months before each application deadline.
- The Foundation operates an online application submission procedure. All application forms and other required application materials must be submitted online via given website.
- Applications can only be made within 3 months of the application deadline.
- Applications must be in English.
For more information, please visit Post-Ph.D. Research Grants.