Deadline: 10 December 2019
Western Balkans Fund (WBF) has launched the Third Call for Regional Project Proposals. The overall objective of the WBF third Call for Proposals is to contribute to regional and cross-border cooperation, good neighborly relation and strengthen regional cohesion in the WB region.
The Western Balkans Fund’s main objective is to foster cooperation between its members (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia), by strengthening neighborly relations and regional cohesion and to advance the integration of the WB into the European Union.
The Fund aims to achieve these goals by supporting common regional projects, at “people-to-people” level, creating the conditions to share mutual experiences, values, traditions, and culture, in a regional perspective.
Areas of Intervention
The areas of intervention for this call for proposals are the following:
- Cultural cooperation: Strengthening regional cultural identity and intercultural dialogue in the WB, by enhancing cooperation through cultural initiatives, activities, and projects.
- Education and Scientific exchanges: Promoting regional projects/activities aiming education development, its growth and its extension, capacity building and mobility, regional scientific and research exchanges and improvement.
- Sustainable Development: Advancement of regional cohesion and supporting the institutional partnership in sustainable economic development.
The project application should contribute to at least one of the above areas of intervention.
Please note that promoting reconciliation, European Integration, cross-border cooperation, freedom of expression, gender equality and youth are the cross-cutting issues covering all actions under WBF key areas of activities.
Size of Grants
- Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must not exceed EUR 12,000.00
- Any grant funding requested from the WBF under this call for proposals must not exceed 80% of the total eligible cost of the action.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must be:
- A legal entity established in the WB6, and
- A non for profit, and
- A civil society organization (CSO/NGO), or
- A specific type of organization from one of the following categories:
- A local or regional public entity, or association of local or regional public entities
- A business association such as: business cluster, agriculture association, chamber of commerce, tourism association, etc.
- An educational institution such as university/faculty, school, institute, library, research center, academy of science/music/arts, etc.
- An institution of culture or sports such as museums, art galleries, theatres, libraries, or associations of cultural institutions, sport associations, etc. and
- Directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project and the relevant actions together with the project partners, and not acting as an intermediary.
- If awarded, the lead applicant will become the project beneficiary.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to submit a full application via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://westernbalkansfund.org/2019/10/28/wbf-3rd-call/