Deadline: 31 March 2020
Wild Planet Trust is currently seeking applications for African freshwater habitats projects. Projects may involve practical habitat or species management, research, training, education, awareness raising or campaigning.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Each year, Wild Planet Trust awards a number of grants to individuals undertaking nature conservation projects. This is an education, scientific and conservation charity dedicated to protecting our global wildlife heritage and inspiring in people a respect for animals, plants and the environment.
Their strategic aims:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
1. Education and engagement of the public on the conservation of the natural world.
2. In situ conservation of species and habitats.
3. Ex situ conservation of threatened species.
4. Conservation advocacy: shaping behaviour-change for the benefit of biodiversity.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Wild Planet Trust awards grants to both UK and overseas projects, and they typically range in value from £500 to £1,500. It is unlikely that the Trust would make an award for more than £1,500.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
The Awards are open to all, and each application is judged on its own merits, however there are a number of topics that the Awards Committee are particularly interested in, which are detailed below:
- Research into the ecology of rare and threatened species and habitats;
- Projects which aim to encourage increased awareness of ecology, conservation and environmental issues in local communities, and to educate people on how to develop and carry out sustainable management practices in those communities;
- Research into how human activity affects species and habitats, and how any potential human-animal conflict can be managed;
- Projects which aim to design and implement conservation education programmes;
- Research into the welfare and breeding success of animals in captivity.
For more information, visit https://www.wildplanettrust.org.uk/about-us/grants/
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.