Deadline: 5 January 2020
The Wolfson Foundations is inviting applications for Schools and Colleges for children and young people with special educational needs.
Grants are awarded for projects focused on helping pupils to develop skills which would help them to gain employment or live independently after leaving school or college. Its motto is to improve the civic health of society mainly through education and research.
The project should be for a new building, refurbishment work or equipment and aim to produce one or more of the following outcomes:
- Increased access to services for new and existing users;
- Improved quality and range of services;
- Improved financial stability of the organisation.
- Minimum grant amount: £15,000
- Usual grant range: £20,000 – £75,000
- Match funding required: Yes, if project cost is >£50,000
What we don’t fund
Examples of ineligible projects and costs include:
- Purchase of land or existing buildings (including a building’s freehold);
- Grants direct to individuals;
- Grants through conduit organisations;
- Overheads, maintenance costs, VAT and professional fees;
- Non-specific appeals (including circulars) and endowment funds;
- Costs of meetings, exhibitions, concerts, expeditions, conferences, lectures, etc;
- Salary costs;
- Running costs, including vehicle fuel and maintenance;
- Film, websites or promotional materials;
- Repayment of loans;
- Projects that have already been completed or will be by the time of award.
- Applicant must be a registered charity, local authority;
- Applicant must be registered with the relevant regulatory authority, where applicable, and have at least a good rating.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information please visit https://www.wolfson.org.uk/funding/funding-for-places/funding-for-special-schools-and-colleges/