Deadline: 17 January 2020
This program supports NGO efforts to promote women’s leadership and the political, economic, and social advancement of women across Bosnia and Herzegovina. They particularly welcome proposals for projects that equip women who have leadership potential with the skills and knowledge to advocate effectively for their rights and to become opinion leaders, successful communicators and businesswomen.
Projects should deal with one of the following themes:
- Economic empowerment of women and girls (proposals may not include vocational training)
- Promotion of women’s engagement in politics as voters, advocates and candidates
- Amplification of women’s voices and leadership on issues that affect all citizens of BiH
- Empowerment of girls and young women to become leaders in their schools, communities and country
- Prevention of gender-based violence
- Public awareness of women’s health issues
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $300,000
- Award Ceiling: $50,000
- Award Floor: $1,000
- Non-government, non-profit organizations (including think tanks, civil society organizations), educational institutions and independent media that are based and legally registered in Bosnia and Herzegovina are eligible to apply.
- American or other donor country organizations and individuals are not eligible for grants under this program.
- Grants are generally awarded only to organizations.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=322813