Deadline: 5 June 2019
Women’s Fund Asia (WFA) has opened its first call for applications for the 2019 – 2020 year. This call is limited to applications for the theme of Environmental Justice and is open to women and trans rights groups based in Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam, and Mongolia.
Under this thematic, WFA will provide grants to activists, organisations and networks working at the intersection of environmental justice and women’s and trans human rights. WFA will support work which centres the voices and leadership of women and trans people in the decision-making processes which govern access to and distribution of resources such as land, water, food, and other natural resources, as well as in policies that govern disaster management, climate change adaptation, and sustainable development. WFA will prioritise interventions which promote a rights-based perspective and feminist principles; those which are self-led; and/or those which look to strengthen national and regional movements for women and trans environment and climate justice.
Applicants can apply for the following types of grants:
- General Operating grants: This includes institutional and administrative costs including salaries, rent and other operational costs of groups/organisations/ networks. General Operating grants can also be used to fill funding gaps of ongoing/new programmes and collaborations, or institutional strengthening and capacity building, as per the need of the organisation. Applicants for this type of grant should be organisations working at the intersection of environmental justice, and women and/or trans rights.
- Programme/project grants: This includes (but is not limited to) support for new or ongoing programmes; research; cross-regional or cross-movement collaborations; and learning and exchange visits.
- Individual grants: individual activists may apply for support to build their capacity or conduct research related to this thematic. Applicants should clearly demonstrate how their learnings or research will feed back into the work of women and/or trans rights movements. Individual grant requests should not exceed USD 5000.
- Any woman’s/trans rights organisation/group/network whose annual budget is under USD 50,000 located in the above mentioned eligible countries can apply.
- Both the governing body and staff of the organisation should be lead by women or trans people.
- The entity should have at least 60% women, trans people or a combination of both, in its decision-making body and staff.
- Groups, networks and organisations for whom advancement of women and/or trans rights is a key component of its vision and mission.
- The organisation should be committed to feminist principles and rights-based approaches.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their Letter of Interest, along with the requested budget and required supporting documents via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://www.womensfundasia.org/index.php?r=whatWeDo/CallForAction