Deadline: 22 July 2016
Bulgarian Gender Research Foundation (BGRF) is currently inviting applicants for its Sixth Round of the Women’s Human Rights Training Institute (WHRTI), 2016-2017.
- Develop successful regional and country level litigation strategies on women’s human rights in CEE/NIS
- Build the capacity of lawyers in CEE/NIS to litigate women’s human rights cases at the national, regional and UN levels
- Provide continuous support and expertise for women’s rights litigation efforts of lawyers in CEE/NIS and seed new women’s rights litigation
- Strengthen the network of lawyers for women’s human rights’ strategic litigation in the region
- Violence against women
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Social and economic rights and employment discrimination
All expenses related to the selected participants’ attendance at the three sessions of the Institute are covered by the organizers.
- Twenty five participants will be selected among practicing lawyers and legal counselors working with human rights or women’s rights NGOs in the region. Successful applicants should:
- have a substantial and sustainable interest and a demonstrated commitment to women’s human rights advocacy and/or litigation and in using the law creatively to secure redress for women’s rights violations
- have a professional relationship/affiliation for at least one year prior to the application with an institution/organization that has capacity to litigate women’s rights cases or has experience with litigation and preferably focuses in its work on women’s human rights
- have demonstrated interest and basic knowledge of the international universal and regional human rights law, legal standards and instruments
- be committed and available to actively participate in all the three sessions of the Institute (approximately one week every six months) and to be involved in the intersessional work
- have fluency in written and spoken English, and advanced English language comprehension.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the application form via given website.
Eligible Countries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Georgia, Hungary, Ireland (observer), Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Tajikistan, Turkey, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit Women’s Human Rights Training.