Deadline: 27 July 2016
The World Bank is currently inviting applications for its Young Professionals Program with an aim to provide opportunity for younger talent who have both a passion for international development and the leadership potential to grow in fascinating top technical and managerial roles in the World Bank Group.
The Program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to the WBG technical/operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources and others. To be competitive for this highly selective program, candidates need to demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership capability.
Young Professionals are offered a 5-year term contract, spend 24 months in a structured development program, and enjoy a variety of benefits and opportunities.
- Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank
- 32 years of age or younger (i.e. born on or after October 1, 1984)
- A PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience
- Fluency in English
- Full proficiency in one or more of the WBG’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is desired but not required.
- Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via the given website.
For more information, please visit World Bank’s Young Professionals Program.