Deadline: 1 August 2019
World Wild Fund is inviting applicants for Professional Development Grants (PDGs) to provide support for mid-career conservationists to pursue short-term, non-degree training to upgrade their knowledge and skills. These trainings can include short courses, certificate trainings, or conferences among other training opportunities.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
PDGs support training-related costs, including registration fees and tuition, meals and accommodations, books and materials, international travel, visa fees, and local transportation.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Applicants can request up to $6,500.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must meet all of the following eligibility criteria to be considered for a grant.
- Applicants must be a citizen of an eligible country.
- Applicants must currently be living and working in their home country.
- Applicants must have at least three years of paid work experience in a conservation-related field in their home country.
- Applicants must have applied to or already be accepted to participate in the proposed training at the time applicants submit their application.
- Applicants current work and proposed training must help advance conservation in their home country.
- Applicants must not be enrolled in an academic degree program.
- Applicants must have approval from their employer to participate in the proposed training and the promise of continued employment.
- Applicants must have a bank account in their own name that can receive US dollars and international wire transfers.
- Applicants must not have received funding from EFN in the past. Previous PDG recipients may be eligible for Alumni Grants.
- The proposed training must take place at least 90 days after the application deadline.
- Applicants must submit all required documents by the application deadline.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Belize, Bhutan, Bolivia, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Colombia, Dem. Republic of Congo, Ecuador, Fiji, French Guiana, Gabon, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Indonesia, Kenya, Laos, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Republic of Congo, Solomon Islands, Suriname, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.worldwildlife.org/projects/professional-development-grants