Deadline: 25 December 2016
World Wildlife Fund (WWF)-Pakistan is currently seeking applications for its Small Grants Programme (SGP) to support grassroots level organizations and researchers to strengthen efforts to conserve threatened and endangered species and ecosystems.
SGP has supported innovative conservation initiatives for priority species such as marine turtles, snow leopard, Indus River dolphin, sharks and critical ecosystems such as mangroves forests, Indus river delta, and coniferous forests.
The greatest value of funding is that it enables and builds the capacity of small-scale conservation work as well as environmental research and field projects by individual scientists, research and academic institutions and conservation organizations.
- Address environmental issues by providing technical and financial support in order to build the capacity of small grassroots level organizations
- Empower communities
- Promote environmental research by strengthening academic, governmental and research-based institutions
- Climate change/alternate energy
Some of the project themes where the SGP extends support include:
- Biodiversity conservation (protection of threatened and endangered wildlife)
- Habitat, forest and ecosystem conservation
- Climate change
- Pilot demonstration and feasibility studies particularly those that help in reducing the impact of human activities on nature.
- Ecological baseline studies
- Freshwater conservation and management
- Promotion of alternative livelihood opportunities to reduce impact on natural resources
- Integrated watershed management and wetland conservation
- Promotion of clean environment by solid waste management
- Applicants can apply for a project of up to 300,000 PKR per annum.
- A project can span up to three years.
The prospective grant recipients include registered Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs) and Community Based Organization (CBOs), Governmental Institutions, researchers/scientists and academic institutions.
How to Apply
The applicant organizations can apply through email or post by sending the project proposal at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Pakistan
For more information, please visit Small Grants Programme.